Monday 24 December 2012

10 Spreading Out Ideas!

Initial Ideas For Spread (2)

So far, I've created a short series of ideas I'd like to use for my final designs. They're still rough ideas and I haven't decided on anything solid but at the moment, I'm somewhat pleased with the outcome of the layout rather than the design. Here are a few examples of what I have done so far. 
This spread design is meant to be simple and not too overpowering. I wanted a lot of white space on the page to make sure that it's easy  to look at and the article is still visible and readable. The heading is a font that I downloaded from Da font online and thought that the tyre track texture really went well with the bike article. 
Here's the second page of the article. I'm approaching the second page of the article with simplicity here. Seeing as it's just a continuation of the previous page, I decided to keep the colours and the illustration consistent. The icons are images that I gathered online and traced on illustrator. I thought it might add a bit of excitement to the right side of the double spread rather than leaving it bare. 


Here's an optional third page that I created for the spread that I created for the project. I wanted the entire right page to be consumed with an image and for the left side to look less busy. The idea was to create something abstract and grungy. 

As you can see I browsed through a great deal of illustration themed magazines to get an idea of the sort of look I'm going for. I was more interested in getting simple looking illustrations that are straight to the point but still aesthetically pleasing. I didn't want the image to be too busy and messy.
Because I want the magazine article to appeal to woman with varied styles, I decided to create something that was diverse and not too feminine. A spread that consists of "girly" features but still tough and masculine in some aspects. 
I still have quite a bit to improve and clean up but, overall I'm somewhat satisfied with the outcome. It isn't exactly what I had in mind but it's getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment