Wednesday 26 December 2012

18. Blowing The Paint!

Experimenting

This week was spent experimenting with Atomization. This is a process in which you blow ink or paint through a straw. Seeing as I didn't get the exact result that I wanted with the spray painting experiment, I decided to go ahead and try to achieve the results I want using an atomizer. 

Here's what I ended up with. So far, I'm quite happy with these experiments because I had slightly more control of the end result. I was able to blow more paint in certain areas than others to create the running paint effect that I want. I was also able to create splashed effects on some of the image and I quite liked the way that looked. 
Here's another image of how my experiment turned out. I wanted some splashes for my sub logos so I did some free blowing on some blank areas and made sure to create splashes that were runny. This is how it turned out! So far, I'm happy with the result. I'm hoping that once I use it in Illustrator, I could make it look more animated and softer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment