Friday 9 December 2011

Lets Get 3D!! (3D Design in Illustrator) 07/12/11

Lets Get 3D!


We're still working on Illustrator during our workshop sessions but it's getting a lot more interesting than I expected. We spent today's session working with illustrator to create funny looking shapes. We intended on creating actuall objects and sticking titles of Christmas messages on them, but because I am still trying to figure out how to use the vectoring tool, I still haven't gotten round to creating any recognisable shapes yet. Here, you can see an image I found online of the sort of shapes that can be created using Illustrators 3D tool and the vectoring tool.

Here, you can see that I was trying to create a heart shape, but instead ended up making what I think looks like an apple shape falling into pools of red. Despite the fact, that they didn't come out as I intended, they were still fun to make. In my opinion, the 3D tool seemed to make everything look a lot more interesting. I used it to create half a dozen more shapes because I found it to be quite an enjoyable tool to just mess around with. I had no idea what I was doing but eventually I ended up with the image you see below. 


I created a candle in a candle in a candle holder so that I could finally add a Christmas message to an image. The only problem was the image was too thin and I didn't scale it very well. However, I think I have finally gotten the hang of using the vector tool on Illustrator. This will come in very useful for any future projects that I may have. Here are some other images that I created using simple words and Illustrators 3D tool. From this image, you can see that this was my first attempt at using the 3D tool and it did not come out as well as I had hoped. 





No comments:

Post a Comment