Wednesday 11 April 2012

Researching Logos & Barney Bubbles!

Research & Barney Bubbles
My group have finally decided on a name for the fictional company and it's "Hand To Hand". Frankly, I'm not too sure about the name but it's a title that could be quite fun to work with in terms of logo design. At the moment, I'm researching a series of logo designers. I'm in need of some inspiration because I feel like I'm lacking greatly in that area! 


So far, I've been looking at a series of popular logos for courier companies. As you can see in this image, the moment I typed in "Courier Logos" into the search engine, I got an overwhelming amount of results. It was just some very brief research in order to get an idea what kinds of logos were popular within the delivery business industry. 
I've also been looking at a great deal of old designers from the sixties and seventies era because I want my logo to have a classic but timeless feel to it. I'd like to go for something vintage and different! Whilst doing some research, I discovered an artist known as Barney Bubbles. I was looking for a vintage artist that produced excited designs and Barney Bubbles is definitely the sort of designer I'm looking for. His work is very radical and reflects the art style of the early seventies and late sixties, which I like very much. Here are some examples of his work. Although, he's more famous for his liberal visual art and design, I've still decided to use him as inspiration!
Blockhead watch - box open 3  

It's a great coincidence that I found the image of Barney Bubbles hand collage design. I may try creating a logo that starts off as a collage and then perfect it on the computer. I'm still trying to figure out how I'll incorporate his style into my designs. Bubbles is famous for using bright colour, odd shapes and having a space like feel to his designs. I think that I'm rather limited because I still have to consider what my "company" does; and this is a delivery service. Despite the fact that I'm eager to create something vibrant and abstract, I want to ensure that the logo is still presentable and relates to the company name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment