Wednesday 11 April 2012

An Imaginary Company? (Final Major Project)

The Final Major Project!

We've finally been given our end of year project and so far, I'm quite excited about it. We've been told that for the next few weeks, we're going to be working purely on corporate design for companies. As I have mentioned before, over the last few months, I haven't been as in tune with some of our projects as I was in the previous semester. 
But, for this project, I'm almost certain that it's something I'll work on with ease. I've done work like this before during my A Levels and I'm hoping to incorporate some of the current skills I already have into my work. 
For the project, we have been split into two groups that are expected to bring forward a pitch for a fictional courier company who wish to keep their trading name "top secret"! We're responsible for helping this company develop a brand new trading name as well as designs for a new rebrand. Therefore we have to create logos, marketing material, etc.
 I haven't been thinking of any design ideas yet for my logo because we haven't been given a name yet but here's an example of the sort of branding we'll have to do for our project. 
The image is just an example of the sort of work we'll have to do. I've always be one for consistency and organisation so something like this really captures my interest. In terms of research, I'm hoping to conduct enough in order to get a specific idea of how corporate design works and the history of courier delivery services. Through this kind of research, I'm also hoping to see if there may be some sort of pattern in branding design history. I may come across some interesting designs from the past that I could incorporate into my ideas. 
I'm currently looking into the work of some designers that have a vintage feel about them because I want my initial ideas to look classic and vibrant. A logo shouldn't be too complex or hard to understand but it still needs to stand out and look eye catching. 
Because we don't have a name yet for our group, I've been using the spare time we have until then to look through some fascinating books based on business logos and letterhead work. These books are called "Letterhead & Logo Design 9" and "Logo Design" by ED. Julius Wiedemann. These books are saturated with inspirational designs and ideas that I'll need for my project. Here are a few images of logos and letterheads from the books that caught my attention. 



No comments:

Post a Comment