Friday 30 November 2012

6 Editorial Project (Velocity)

Velocity

We've been a given a new project to start and this has been something I've been looking forward to since the beginning of the course. Editorial Design is something that has been of interest to me  over the past few years, so I'm going to ensure that I put my all into this module as I possibly can. 

The project is based on a fictional magazine known as Velocity which is all about biking and everything it involves. We've been given the task of creating a brand new masthead, cover and two spreads. 

I've been doing some brief research into the background of magazines and editorial work. Looking through other contemporary journals and gathering information about the designs. So far, I have a few ideas as to how I would like to approach this project. 

I'm very eager to create something that isn't photography based because it might be quite interesting to experiment with illustration and comic like images instead!

I'm certainly looking forward to this project and plan to enjoy it as much as I can seeing as it's something that I've looking forward to for some time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment