Sunday 18 November 2012

5 Finalising My Poster

Final Poster decision

Last year, when it came to final decision making, I was always wary about my choices. This held me back often, in terms of progress and graphic skills. This year, however, I've become a lot more  confident in my work and I make decisions based on my own judgement rather than mixed opinions from my different tutor. Although, I take their corrections and opinions into consideration, I felt that this time I needed to make up my own mind.
Here's an image of what my two final decisions were for my poster:

Unfortunately I haven't taken a focused picture of the poster I used as display. But, you can see I went for something that looked natural and basic seeing as Helvetica is described as basic and plain. I was satisfied with how it looked however I did receive some critique from my tutor. I was told to try something a bit more exciting and possible repositioning the letters again. So, I'm going to go back and look and edit the poster again for my professional portfolio later.
I may try creating a completely new poster for my portfolio or I may try and perfect this one. At the moment I'm not too sure. I still like the end product but before I put it in my portfolio, I'd like it to be as professional as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment