Friday 3 February 2012

Let's Make Music...Albums (InDesign) Week 3

InDesign

The workshops this semester have been focused on InDesign and getting comfortable with it's features. So far, I've really enjoyed using InDesign. I've been quite comfortable with it because some of it's features are similar to that of Microsoft Word. Because of this, I've been able to adjust to it quite quickly. 
For this session, we were expected to create simple album covers but using a fun method to find the name, image and album title. This was done using, Wikipedia, a quotes and poetry site and an image sharing site. It was definitely an enjoyable session because we were all creating covers that were not planned ahead and each cover we made had to look random!
In order to create the covers, we had to open up InDesign and use the default album cover size setting. From there, we were free to create the album cover as we like. Here's an image of what my album covers turned to look like. 
In case you can't read what the images say, the first album cover is by "Battle Of Beaumont" and their album is called "Nature Replaced It With". The second is by "Frankie Lymon" and his album is called "Destroy the United States". Of course, these are all names and titles that were randomly picked from the internet. I thoroughly enjoyed working with InDesign during this session. 
I'm more than certain that our future projects will consist of magazine layout design work and I'm looking forward to that. Now that I've gotten to know Adobe Indesign a little better, I have some idea as to how to create a basic magazine layout. I may use Indesign for some areas of the current project that we're working on. For now, I'd still like to understand some of the features a lot better. 
I've decided to look into purchasing Indesign over the summer just so I can spend some time getting to know it a lot  better by myself. Honestly, this software has become my favourite design aid so far! 

No comments:

Post a Comment