Tuesday 10 April 2012

Lets Get Professional! (InDesign)

InDesign

This session was spent learning how to use as many features of InDesign as possible. I'm starting to become more accustomed to Indesign and it's features. I'm more than certain that I'll be using it quite often in year 2 so I'm trying to get used it as quickly as possible. 
Here, we were learning how to use the text feature of Indesign. I honestly thought that it would be a lengthy and tedious process learning how to use each and every text feature but to my surprise, it was interesting as well as enjoyable. There was a great deal of text styles to use, especially for those who wish to create a tidy and well designed leaflet, magazine spread or brochure. Here's an image of the list of text styles I experimented with during this session. I also tested out some of the text box and paragraph features just so I could get an idea of how it worked. I had always assumed that most of InDesign was just like Microsoft Word because of the layout and similar features but after some experimenting, I discovered that this software was a lot more useful for what I'd like to do in the future. 


Here's another image of the features I was learning to use in Indesign. Like I mentioned before, the features looked a lot similar to that of Microsoft word which is why I grew so used it quickly. Each feature created some kind of an interesting effect to my selected text. 
After the entire group had become used to the text features, we moved on to another feature which is know as the "Tabs Tool". This is used to organised the positioning of text in a document. It's more like a text aligning tool. 
Unfortunately, I didn't quite understand how to use this tool. Although, I'm still practising in my own personal time because I'm sure that this tool will definitely be useful to me some time in the future. You can see in the image, that I didn't quite align any of the sentences together because the tool was rather difficult for me to use. I'd like if we could come back to this session again just so I can fully understand how to use it. 


In this image, you can see that I was learning to use the paragraph and ruler tool. This wasn't something that we necessarily had to do but I wanted to understand how to fit text into a certain shape. So far, I think I understand how to do this but only to a certain extent. Overall, this session was definitely a useful opportunity for me to learn how to use InDesign further 

No comments:

Post a Comment