Tuesday 10 April 2012

Messing With Shapes (Illustrator)

Illustrator


We were given the opportunity to get to know illustrator a bit more by ourselves. This was just so we got an idea of how to mix basic shapes together in order to create a brand new one. I'm still not entirely confident with Illustrator because the features are all very new to me. When I'm able , I do invest some time into getting to know Illustrator a lot better but I'm still not progressing as fast as I'd like to.
In order to create a brand new shape, we were shown how to use a feature known as the "Shape Builder" tool which is a tool that enables you to create a brand new shape by simple connecting basic shapes together. I found this to be an incredibly useful tool, especially since we'll be creating logos of our own in the future.
As I mentioned before, I'm still trying to get the hang of things so I opted for a simple shape to make and decided to create the Ace of Spades. I used very basic shapes to create the spade and here's an image of the final designs. As you can see, it's not entirely finished ad it needs many adjustments but so far, I'm quite pleased with the turn out. I wasn't expecting to come this far with the shape but it wasn't too bad. 
From this session, I've learnt how to use the shape builder tool quite well but not perfectly yet. I'm certain that I'll be using this tool to create my logos some time in the future. I've come to realise that my sessions with Illustrator have been the most challenging for me because a lot of it's features requires skill and thorough concentration. I'm hoping that I'll get used the software in good time because I'd really like to use it in the future. 


Update: I've recently gotten used to using illustrator and I'm currently working on a final major project for the end of the semester. I'm currently trying to create a 3D sort of shape used lines and squares and here's an image of what I've been doing so far. 

I'm hoping to create something more professional and tidy looking. But from the image, you can see that I'm experimenting with the shapes and lines.I'm trying to create cube shapes using the skills I've developed over the past few weeks and so far I'm quite happy with the results! 





No comments:

Post a Comment