Tuesday 10 April 2012

Screen One (Logo Design) Week 5

Logo Design

We were given a short series of company titles to choose from in order to create logos of our own. Out of the six titles, I chose "Screen One". This is because Screen One sounded like TV channel or Cinema. I decided that it definitely sounded like something to do with media and television so I did some brief research into media logos and found that not many of them caught my interest. I've been experimenting with some basic typographic logos and so far this is what I've designed. 
I'm always very wary of the quality of my work, therefore, I asked a member of the group to advice on my logos and I was told that the logos looked similar to the BBC logo. The BBC logo is for a TV channel and if I'm assuming that my logo is for a TV channel then maybe something similar to the BBC channel isn't a bad thing. 
I've been experimenting with a variety of colour using Photoshop as my design aid in the mean time. So far, I created some very basic looking logos. Here's an example of some of the initial design ideas I've created using Photoshop. As you can see, the logos look very simple and almost boring. Although, this is the sort of look most TV channels tend to go with, I wasn't very happy with the outcome of the logo. After some further experimenting, I went ahead and created a new logo and ended up using my first initial idea. Here's an example of some of the logos that I created. 
       
You can see that the logo almost looks like the BBC logo! Although, this wasn't my aim, I found it very interesting. I'd like to develop this further in my spare time because I'm sure that with these two logos, I'll be able to create something interesting. I may incorporate numbers into the logo to make it look more interesting. 
So far, many of my designs have been plain, basic and safe. I'm trying to be more exciting in terms of designs and initial ideas. This logo design task was an opportunity to do this but in the end, I still went ahead created something. I'm sure that for the next project, I'll try and create something more appealing and vibrant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment