Tuesday 10 April 2012

Making Leaflets (InDesign)

InDesign

We spent this workshop session learnng how to create a three page leaflet using Indesign. Before we got started, we did a quick activity (sort of a trial run) that involved folding a plain sheet of paper into a three page leaflet. This was just so we could get an idea of what we were doing and how we would fold the real leaflet once we printed it out. Of course, it took all of us a considerable amount of time to actually understand how to fold the leaflet! However, it was still quite fun to take part.
I definitely enjoyed this session because paper engineering is something that I find extremely interesting. I've always been curious about the digital process that takes place when creating a professional leaflet or brochure. This session was a great opportunity for me to finally understand how it all works. We used InDesign to create our leaflets, although I'm sure there are many other design software that is used but using Indesign was a great opportunity for us to develop our skills. 
In order to create the leaflet, we used Indesign and the ruler guide feature to measure the areas of the leaflet that will be the pages. Here's an image of what the leaflet looked liked on the screen before I finally printed it out. 
We were give the liberty to design the leaflet as we wanted as long as it was a three page leaflet. As you can see, some of the pages of the leaflet on the screen are upside down. this is because when i print it out and fold it, the pages will be back to back. Although the layout of this page looks quite simple, I found it a little challenging to get the measurements and text perfect in order for it to look professional. 
Hopefully, in our future workshop sessions, we'll be given the opportunity to create more leaflets such as this. I'd really like to develop my skills in paper engineering and possible build on my interest further. Here are some images of the leaflet when I finally printed it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment