Sunday 18 November 2012

2 Working With "Blood"

First Experiment

I've started working on my first experiment for the Type Poster project and this is the blood and life idea that I had last week. I've decided to try and create something less complex instead but still work with the idea of blood. I chose to cut out the word "Type" from cardboard and use red paint to trace around the edges. The experiment was quite fun and the end results were interesting. Here are a few images what it looked like!


This was the final one I did when I decided I was finished with the stencil cut out. I didn't want it to go to waste so i covered it in blood and then stuck it to paper. The dripping blood effect was exactly what I was hoping for! 


This is the first experiment I did with my stencils. I simply painted around the edges and hoped that the excess paint would create a dripping effect but unfortunately it dried too quickly and this is what I ended up with. 



This was created in a spur of the moment. It was an accidental piece but I ended up using the mess to my advantage. I splashed some paint on my stencils while it was on paper and decided to continue splashing in order to see what it might look like. This is what I ended up. It's messy but still somewhat readable. 

Overall, the experiment was not exactly what I had in mind but the end results were very interesting I didn't think that any of the designs would come out the way it did. Will definitely consider it for my final poster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment